Sunday, October 01, 2006

Last seed pod collected

I collected my last seed pod today - from 'Peacock Maiden'. I still have the last few pods that I had collected to dry, sort, and store until I'm ready to start germinations. The crosses that I am looking forward to seeing are:

Prague Spring x Talon










H. citrina x Unidentified Flying Object










H. citrina x Concorde Nelson










H. citrina x Laura Lambert











H citrina x Trahlyta











H. citrina x Lemon Meringue Twist










Asterisk x Talon










Concorde Nelson x Talon










Dancing Summerbird x Purple Many Faces










Cerulean Star x Harbor Blue










Peacock Maiden x Android










Jocelyn's Oddity x Purple Many Faces
(No photo Available)

Eggplant Escapade x Harbor Blue










I will start the germination process by soaking these in water sometime in February or March. All ready to plant out as soon as the danger of frost is past. Once the first batch is planted and growing, I'll start on a second batch (this will be the H. citrina crosses). I can probably do 6 or 7 batches before it gets too late in the year to allow the seedlings to get a relatively full growing season. Next year, I probably won't make as many crosses - I will focus more on particular crosses. What are they? I have all winter to find out!

No comments: