Wednesday, September 27, 2006

H.citrina crosses 2006

Here are some of the H. citrina crosses that I have done this year:


  • (citrina x Lemon Meringue Twist) hopefully a couple will show the clean, beautiful movement of LMT with narrower petals,
  • (citrina x Laura Lambert) with this I should get some purples, and some interesting unusual forms,
  • (citrina x Wilson Spider) which I'm hoping will give nice open formed seedlings with narrower petals,
  • (citrina x Peacock Maiden) which will hopefully give me some nice open forms in some colours other than yellow,
  • (citrina x Trahlyta) which should give me something interesting and some should be open as well due to 'Trahlyta's' curved back form counter-acting the H. citrina trumpet shape,
  • (citrina x Talon) should give something that has the typical 'Talon' twisty look, maybe some spatulates or narrower petals,
  • (citrina x Android) will hopefully give me some nice thin seedlings,
  • (citrina x Connie Reeve (NR)) which should give some pinks and peach/melons with an open form.


My hope is to have some seedlings from these crosses to use as bridge plants with my other seedlings when the time comes. I expect that H. citrina seedlings will in general help me to increase bud count, branching, overall vigour and fast increase.

No comments: